4 June 2009 by Lars
Installing OpenSUSE 11.1 on Lenovo X200 Tablet
- Used network boot to get into the installer (no DVD with the X200, hit F12 at bootup)
- Booted just fine, went fine until the partitioner kicked in
- Allowed me to shrink the NTFS Vista partition, but…
- … couldn’t work with the resulting partition
- Rebooted several times, ended up deleting the new extended partition, rebooting, then creating all from scratch again. Not certain what went wrong there
- Configured a default KDE 3.5 desktop, installation (from local repository) took about 20 minutes.
- Rebooted, with the following result:
- Screen set up at 60Hz/1280×800
- Mouse works
- Sound works, including hardware buttons
- Brightness buttons work, but no OSD
- Touchscreen does NOT work out of the box – but I chose automatic configuration, may be related.
- Wireless works (although openSUSE still uses the braindead (KDE) network manager – the Ubuntu (Gnome) version is much more user friendly)
I’ll post on further progress..