16 August 2009 by Lars
From a no-longer-available BBC site:
4 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp milk
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
½ lime, juice only
1. To make the peanut sauce, place the peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, milk, garlic and lime juice into a food processor.
2. Blitz until smooth and transfer to a serving dish.
Or from an Australian site:
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 70g (1/4 cup) natural crunchy peanut butter (Sanitarium brand)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft and golden. Add garlic and chilli and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and stir to combine. Place over low heat. Add water, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.