1 February 2008 by Lars
Stuff on the OLPC
Got the two OLPC laptops. Not going to post pictures here – they all look the same. Modifications made immediately, and results:
- Gave them a fixed DHCP address on the router. Didn’t work – they seem to choose different MAC addresses – the different antennae?
- Set root password, so I could log in remotely using SSH.
- Added Activities. Not all of them work. Using the GUI to remove them ALSO doesn’t always work – go to /home/olpc/Activities and remove them manually. I’ll start removing them as they turn out to be “bad” or unused.
- Installed Flash and removed Click2Play. Mostly works.
- Still need to install MP3 capability, but has not been missed so far.
- Installed remote access so I can help (mostly) and monitor (not yet necessary). Note that I pulled the latest packages from different locations: